People who grew up in the1960s and 70s likely remember the nursing homes that existed back then which were institution-like. They gave off an aura of permanent living in a hospital rather than today’s trendy Arizona senior living communities that are full of fun and activities for residents. Let us take a closer look at the significant changes that have come about in these retirement communities.
- Unless people are recovering from a hospital stay; there is no need for elders to be in dull and boring facilities that offer no opportunities or amenities for enjoying life. Keeping this in mind, new age facilities offer garden-style apartments that have studio, one and two bedrooms style living.
- With a kitchenette in each apartment and weekly housekeeping services the residents are offered comfort and convenience. Moreover, there are three meals a day with snacks and an in-house restaurant with a dining room.
- Independent living in Scottsdale includes premises with well-manicured grounds, a pool and a spa along with pretty bird aviaries. There is a beauty salon/barber shop as well as utilities like cable and Internet connections for residents.
- Resident seniors can spend their days attending art classes, indulging in water aerobics, or participating in exciting computer generated Wii bowling. Such activities were certainly never presented in nursing homes a few decades ago.
- Life at such facilities is no longer limited as games and even excursions are encouraged along with transportation being provided.
Retirement homes today, allow people who require a little assistance to revel in the posh luxury of a high-end resort. Their new homes are designed to feel like a lifelong holiday after all it is exactly what a retired individual needs.